Microneedling stimulates collagen production and causes skin rejuvenation by puncturing the skin with small needles. This process is minimally invasive and fine needles prick your skin up to 2mm deep, leaving small wounds behind. The formed surface wounds trigger the body to start healing mode and boost the production of skin-repairing collagen and elastin. Automated Microneedling is an innovation in treating the skin imperfections such as fine lines, and acne scars, as well as improvement of the skin’s texture, tone, and color.
The skin’s repair process after Microneedling treatment results in a thicker epidermis with a softer appearance of wrinkles. Besides, Microneedle creates micro-channels on the skin that allow creams, topical gels, and serums to be absorbed more effectively, enhancing the effects in deeper layers of the skin. Microneedling can be used on all parts of the body including the face, neck, décolleté, arms, hands, legs, abdomen, and back.
In the Facial Spa Richmond Hill clinic, we offer Microneedling treatment and we may combine Microneedling with PRP or several other skin products to get an even more powerful result when it is needed. This recent method to combine Microneedling treatment with other factors and products provides faster and amazing results.
You may like : Can I Exercise 24 Hours After Microneedling?
Skin Peeling After Microneedling
Immediately after the treatment, you will notice a bright redness on the skin. The total healing time depends on the pen position used and the number of overlapping passes your skin-care professional performs.
It is normal to experience skin peel after Microneedling treatments within a few days. Microneedling creates a large number of tiny wounds on the skin. The body’s normal healing process after the treatment produces collagen to repair wounded skin and form a new skin layer. During the healing process, a new layer of skin forms, and as the result, the old skin peels off. The new skin will look youthful with a glowing look and feel.
Utilizing appropriate post-treatment products can speed up the healing process. Some of the post-treatment care notes are as follows:
- Do not touch your face for a minimum of 6 hours.
- Avoid sweaty exercise and sun exposure for 72 hours post-procedure.
- Avoid washing your face after the treatment.
- If the skin feels dry and/or tight, you may apply a hyaluronic acid after the initial 6 hours.
- Change your pillowcase on the day of treatment.
- Wipe down your phone and/or glasses with alcohol.
- You can wash your face and wear makeup the next day, but it is recommended to wait at least 24 hours to apply any makeup.
- Apply a sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher the next day (or after you have washed your face).
- Avoid applying any skincare products containing active ingredients for at least 72 hours should you have any concerns at any time after your treatment, please contact your health care professional.
A Safety Advice
For at least 3 days after your treatment, do not use any Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C (in a low pH formula), or anything perceived as ‘active’ skincare. For more details about the pre and post-treatment cares, refer to the Golden Pulse website. If you have decided that Microneedling is the best option for you, contact us at (416) 561-8803 to schedule your free consultation at our services such as Microneedling Richmond Hill.