Laser treatment has been widely tested and validated as safe by numerous authorities around the world, including the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. While it does not cause wrinkles or other skin damage, there may be temporary redness, irritation or sensitivity to light after each session.
Please Read : Does laser hair removal change skin color?
Laser Hair Removal Treatment Procedure
The laser hair removal treatment procedure typically takes just a few minutes and is relatively painless. Generally, the procedure involves the following steps:
1) Your laser technician may recommend using local anesthesia or numbing cream prior to beginning laser hair removal treatment, depending on the area being treated. However, modern laser machines such as Soprano Ice are painless and there’s usually no need to apply any numbing cream beforehand.
2) Testing – Your laser technician may conduct a patch test on the area to be treated in order to guarantee it’s suitable for laser hair removal.
3) Marking – Once testing and approval from your technician that laser hair removal treatment can proceed, they will mark off the exact area of skin or part of the body where the laser will be used.
4) Treatment – During this procedure, a handheld device will deliver short pulses of intense laser light into the skin. This light absorbs pigment in hair follicles, disabling them but leaving surrounding tissue unharmed.
5) Post-Treatment Care – Following your laser treatment, you may experience some minor irritation and redness. Your laser technician will go over any post-treatment care instructions with you before leaving the clinic. Generally, these include avoiding sun exposure, applying a cool compress to the treated area, and using moisturizer on the skin.
6) Follow-Up Appointment – Everyone responds differently, but generally speaking it takes 6-8 treatments to see the desired result. Your laser technician can recommend a treatment plan specifically tailored to your needs; follow-up sessions should occur every 4-6 weeks.
Does laser hair removal cause wrinkles?
The short answer is no – laser hair removal does not cause wrinkles. Laser treatments use light to precisely target hair follicles and do not touch the skin surface at all; as such, there is no risk of developing wrinkles or other damage as a result of laser hair removal treatments. In fact, many people find that laser hair removal helps reduce wrinkles on their faces by decreasing sun exposure in these areas.
Potential side effects of the laser hair removal treatment
Laser hair removal treatments may cause skin irritation, redness or swelling as well as increased sensitivity in the treated area. These side effects are usually mild and temporary but could be more severe depending on your skin’s sensitivity level. When receiving laser hair removal treatments, it is essential to follow your clinic’s instructions closely in order to minimize any potential side effects. Furthermore, topical anesthetic cream may be needed prior to treatment in order to reduce discomfort from the process. Your clinic can advise you on this matter. Furthermore, it is essential to avoid direct exposure of the treated area to sunlight for some time after having laser hair removal treatment as this increases your risk for adverse reactions. If you are worried about potential side effects from laser hair removal treatment, be sure to discuss them with your clinic prior to beginning it.
Related Article : Brazilian Laser Hair Removal, What is Included and Cost
Benefits of laser hair removal over other methods of hair removal
Laser hair removal offers numerous benefits, and is considered to be one of the safest and most effective methods available. Unlike waxing, shaving or plucking, laser hair removal permanently reduces or removes unwanted body hair in just a few treatments – leaving surrounding skin unscathed. Furthermore, it’s less painful than other methods while providing consistent long-term outcomes. Furthermore, laser hair removal works on large areas like chest or bikini line while providing quick results with minimal pain or downtime. In conclusion, laser hair removal offers quick permanent solutions with minimal pain and downtime for you to enjoy flawless smooth skin!
It is recommended that you attend multiple treatments in order to achieve maximum benefits from these treatments. Although results may be seen after just one, multiple sessions are necessary in order to permanently stop new hair growth and reduce overall body hair density. After the initial session, typically follow-up appointments should be scheduled every four to six weeks; your clinician can advise you on the best course of action for maximum impact.
Golden Pulse Laser Clinic - A Five Star Laser Clinic in Great Toronto
At Golden Pulse Laser Clinic, we use the latest laser hair removal technology in the market. There is a lot of information out there on laser hair removal, but it can be hard to determine what is true and what is false. It is important to do your research before choosing a clinic to get this procedure done. Make sure to ask around and read reviews to find a clinic that has a high-quality laser hair removal system.
Please visit our website (laser hair removal toronto) or give us a call at 416 56 (8803) to book your free appointment with one of our specialists!