1. Add more moisture to dry winter air by using a humidifier to keep skin hydrated. Central heaters make the air drier especially when the heater is set above 72 F.
2. Limit shower time to 5-10 minutes.
3. Wash your hands and face with fragrance-free, moisturizing cleanser or gel, and using less soap during winter time.
4. Select proper facial skin-care regimen for the winter.
5. Moisturize frequently your face and hands.
6. Apply sunscreen even on cloudy winter days.
7. Wear nonirritating comfortable winter clothing and change out wet clothes quickly
8. Drink more water.