8 Tips to have healthy skin in winter
1. Add more moisture to dry winter air by using a humidifier to keep skin hydrated. Central heaters make the air drier especially when the heater is set above 72 F.
2. Limit shower time to 5-10 minutes.
3. Wash your hands and face with fragrance-free, moisturizing cleanser or gel, and using less soap during winter time.
4. Select proper facial skin-care regimen for the winter.
5. Moisturize frequently your face and hands.
6. Apply sunscreen even on cloudy winter days.
7. Wear nonirritating comfortable winter clothing and change out wet clothes quickly
8. Drink more water.
Laser Hair Growth Cycles
Laser hair growth cycles have a direct effect on how Laser hair removal works. One of the most popular questions is that why laser hair removal is not 100% permanent and the answer is in the way that hair growth in our body. First, new hair will start growing at the root and will continue to grow until it reaches its maximum length. It will then shed and finally be replaced by a new hair and the cycle begins all over again. In total, there are three main phases in a hair’s life cycle:
Anagen Phase (the active growth phase):
This is the active phase of hair growth. Hair has the most melanin and that’s why it is the best phase for laser hair removal. This phase will last for several weeks.
Catagen Phase (transitional period):
This is the end of the growth phase. The hair stops growing and the hair follicle separate from the base. This phase will last for 2 weeks.
Telogen Phase (shedding phase):
This is the resting phase of hair growth. The old hair is pushed out by the new hair, and thus the cycle begins. This phase will last a few months and Anagen Phase begins again.
On average at any given time, 85-90% of hair is in the Anagen phase, 1% in the Catagen phase and 10 to 15% in the Telogen phase. The laser can only target the hair in the Anagen stage and while not all of the hair is in the Anagen phase, that’s why we need different sessions for laser hair removal treatment and it’s not 100% reduction. At least Six to Nine laser hair removal sessions spread four to six weeks apart are generally required to achieve the results. However, the number of treatments to have the maximum result depends on the body and part of the treatment would be more!!
“Follicular Edema”( Red Skin Bumps)
Different people show difference reaction to laser hair removal depending on the skin and hair types that they have. One of the reactions is Follicular Edema. Follicular Edema is an inflammation of the hair follicle which could cause skin to be swollen, itchy and blemishes. It is a temporary reaction and it would last from 30 minutes to a couple of hours.
The reason for Follicular Edema is that during the laser hair removal treatment, the laser concentrates a large amount of heat on each hair follicle and depending on skin type and thickness of hair, this energy causes changes to the follicle which can make it swell and red. In this case and also to prevent Follicula Edema, you shouldn’t schedule your laser hair removal appointment before your daily workout. Anything that causes you to heat up or perspire should be avoided for a day or two after your treatment. You should also stay away from hot showers, hot baths, and hot tubs for at least 24 hours.
Laser in Summer
There is a myth that you should not do laser hair removal in summer. The reason for that is that in summer sun makes some pigmentation on skin and an old generation of laser machines, laser light could not distinguish between hair melanin and skin melanin and by grabbing skin, and melanin could be harmful to skin that is why with old generation of laser we could not work on skin type 5 and 6. However, nowadays, technology has advanced and the newer generation of lasers have been designed to safely bypass the skin and find the melanin pigment of hair to safely remove the hair.
No Worry about having laser treatment in summer just you need to protect your skin with SPF, which is necessary not all the times matters summer or winter.
Full Body Laser Hair Removal Package of 6: $1200 (Regular Price: $2000)
Six reasons to choose laser hair removal
There are lots of advantages to choosing laser hair removal technique to have a nice hair-free skin. If you are thinking to select the best way to get rid of your undesired hair, now is the perfect time to come to Golden Pulse Laser Clinic! Here are some of the reasons to get laser hair removal:
- Save time: On average people spend 65 hours a year to get rid of unwanted hair! You may save your valuable time only after a limited session of laser process forever.
- Clear up skin: On many occasions, hair removal causes various skin irritations such as acne, razor burn, and red or discolored spots. Shaving or waxing breakout cab be uncomfortable just like unwanted hair. Laser hair removal is a permanent solution to both of these problems.
- Easy and pain-free: New laser hail removal presented by Alma company (USA) has an internal cooling system that prevents skin damages and pain.
- Save money: The truth is that the cost of laser hair removal, to get a desired hair-free skin, is much less than what you will pay for other hair removal methods over your lifetime. You only pay for some sessions to get a permanent result.
- Self-confidence: Whether you are a man with a hairy body or a woman with undesired hair on your face, with self-conscious feeling, laser hair removal will back your comfort and confidence.
- Remove ingrown hair: One of the waxing and shaving side effect is increasing ingrown hair on the skin. The laser hair removal attack on hair’s follicle and cut-off hairs from the root.
What is automated Micro-Needling?
Automated Micro-Needling (also known as Epidermal Collagen Induction Therapy or ECIT) is a new innovation in aesthetic medicine for the treatment of the appearance of fine lines, acne scars and the improvement of the skin’s texture, tone and color. During this procedure, the Eclipse MicroPen® is used to create controlled micro-injuries to the skin in order to aid in the production of collagen and elastin. The skin’s repair process results in a thicker epidermis with a softer appearance of wrinkles. Eclipse MicroPen® also creates micro-channels which allow topical gels, creams, and serums to be absorbed more effectively, enhancing the effects in deeper layers of the skin.